If you have a disability and feel that you would benefit from accommodations while attending our college, please contact our office to make arrangements at 719-549-3446 or Disability.Resources@Pueblocc.edu. Our office is responsible for establishing and coordinating all accommodations, not only for the Pueblo Campus students but also for those students enrolled at our extension campuses (Fremont, Durango, & Mancos). Extension site students can set up a phone appointment to establish accommodations so please feel free to contact us. Please remember that we are here to support you in all your educational endeavors and to help promote your independence and self-advocacy.
As part of the Learning Center Team, the Disability Resource Center supports the vision of Pueblo Community College in its commitment to student success by developing greater appreciation for education and learning. Services available to all students foster success through mastery of course content and skills.
We engage students in self-advocacy and collaborative learning to achieve academic success.
We engage students in learning opportunities to ignite the desire for lifelong learning and success.
These values guide our work:
- Self-confidence in an environment that nurtures a positive self-image and builds self-esteem
- Academic growth through independent and inter-dependent learning opportunities
- Self-direction and motivation to learn, facilitated through engaging resources
- Respect for yourself and others
- Self-responsibility (taking care of MYSELF)
- Mistakes are permitted
- Your participation and professional behavior
- Speak up for yourself
- Every challenge is an opportunity to learn
- Learning is a privilege you choose
- Focus on finding solutions rather than fault
- Self-accountability (sparking RESULTS)
- Responsible goal setting matters
- Expectations are clarified and understood
- Share progress and concerns
- Understand and accept consequences
- Listen to feedback
- Take ownership for actions and words
- Success is measured and progress monitored