Second Microsoft Outlook training session slated Friday
The Microsoft Outlook professional development training session scheduled this Friday, July 25, is full. Those who are signed up are reminded that it will run from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. in AB-210L.
Educational Pathways Fair can give information on how to get employable job skillsFind out how education can translate into qualifying for great careers by attending the Educational Pathways Fair that will take place 3-6 p.m. Thursday, July 24, in Pueblo Joe's. The event is for any prospective students, regardless of when they will be registering for classes. The fail will showcase PCC’s certificate and associate degree programs and describe the marketable job skills they can provide. Visit with academic reps, learn program details and get questions answered. Those starting the enrollment process for the fall semester will have their registration and assessment test fees waived and will be entered into a scholarship drawing. For more information, call 549-3116.
Attend Fremont Campus workshop and learn how to qualify for today's top careers Persons who are between jobs, needing more work skills or thinking about changing their career path are encouraged to attend the free Back for the Future workshop that will be held at 5:30 p.m. this Thursday, July 24, at the Fremont Campus. This is an opportunity to learn about today’s best career opportunities as well as the related academic programs needed to qualify for them. It will take place in the Doug Miles Conference Room, and a light dinner will be served. Those attending will be included in a scholarship drawing, and there will be free giveaways. Seating is limited and RSVPs are required by calling 296-6109.
Fall Semester tuition or payment arrangements are due Aug. 6 in Cashier's Office Registered students need to pay their tuition by Wednesday, Aug. 6, in the Cashier's Office or make payment arrangements there. If the Financial Aid office can determine that a student should be receiving enough financial aid for the semester to cover the bill, the student may submit an Award Pending/Promissory Note Form to the Financial Aid office. The form is available on the myPCC Portal under the "Student Finance" tab. Other important dates are:
• Monday, July 28 - Award Pendings begin
• Monday, Aug. 4 - PCC Bookstore charges begin
• Monday, Aug. 11 - FAFSA deadline for being able to submit an Award Pending Form
• Friday, Aug. 29 - PCC Bookstore charges end - last day you may charge your books to Financial Aid
• Friday, Sept. 12 - First refund date - First possible date students may receive any refunds from Financial Aid
Discounted services, support available to small business co-op membersThe Colorado Small Business Development Center Network has launched the Colorado Small Business Technology Cooperative to offer discounted technology and support services to small businesses. Co-op members will have access to the best pricing and vendors that can enhance their busineses and save them time researching and trying to access technologies and services. A few of the many services provided to members are video conferencing, network and cloud accessible storage, electronic document management, graphic arts/marketing support, client web portals, bookkeeping, payroll and electronic invoicing services, website development and hosting, customer record management, IT and administrative support, etc. The monthly membership fee is $25, which will decrease as membership levels increase. For more information, visit www.cosbtc.org.
Students can now earn an associate degree in Health Information Technology Beginning with the Fall Semester that will start next month, PCC offers an Associate of Applied Science degree program in Health Information Technologyr. The HIT degree offers specialization in the following emphasis areas, which are also available as individual certificates:
• HIT Management & Support - Become able to provide the skills and knowledge needed to implement a health industry business' transition to electronic health records.
• HIT Network Security - This is for those interested in providing the technical or network support for maintaining secure and efficient electronic health information records,solving network problems, etc.
• HIT Medical Coding - This option allows the coding professional to pursue further education and opportunities in the field of health information technology.
NOTE: A Medical Coding certificate is also available as an online program.
Students urged to check their PCC Foundation scholarship award status The PCC Foundation has completed its scholarship awarding process, and applicants need to log into their Scholarship Manager Account (as a returning user) and go to “Award Information” to view if they were awarded a scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year. All scholarships must be accepted by July 31, 2014. If a scholarship is not accepted by this date, it will be cancelled and awarded to the alternate. Note that applications received before April 4 were given priority. Questions should be directed to Bianca Flores at (719) 549-3314.
Food pantry open today, then will close until first week of PCC's Fall SemesterWednesday (July 23) is the last day that the Panther Student Pantry will be open until the start of the 2014 Fall Semester. It will be available to PCC's Summer Semester students from 1 to 5 p.m. in the Learning Center (LC). Donations of products or cash will continue to be accepted in order to restock the pantry . Drop off items at the pantry or the PCC Library, President's office in the CA Building, the ID office in the Student Center or GC-104. Cash donations can be dropped off at the PCC Foundation Office (AB-194) or in the lock box in the LC.
Notes • Ask a Lawyer - The topic of this week’s Ask a Lawyer TV series will be the new judicial complex. Broadcast days and times on Channel 19 are: 7 p.m. Mon & Fri, 2 p.m. Tues & Thurs, 9 a.m. Wed & Sat, and noon Sun.
• Season finale - The Pueblo Municipal Band will wrap up its summer outdoor season in the PCC amphitheater with a 6:30 p.m. concert this Sunday, July 27. This is free and open to everyone.
• Going green - Effective Aug. 1, 2014 the PCC Cashier’s Office is going green! All student billing will be available on your student portal. Check the myPCC Portal for updates. Call 549-3212 with questions.
• Cosmetology specials - During July, our Cosmetology program students are offering 10% off a haircolor service, half off on a second pedicure, and half off on the second facial. Call 549-3160 to book a time.
• Faith group - The Panthers of Faith group will not meet for the next few weeks until the start of the 2014 Fall Semester, which begins Aug. 18.
Quote for the Day
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
~ Albert Einstein