Have some free pizza while being part of a focus group
Those interested are invited to participate in the Academic Adivising Focus Group that will convene at noon Tuesday, March 11, in the Fremont Campus' main office. There will be free pizza for those attending.
Informative scholarship workshop scheduled at 2 p.m. Monday on Fremont CampusAll students are invited to the second scholarship workshop that will be held on the Fremont Campus on Monday, March 10, beginning at 2 p.m.in Room 123. The workshop will give students some very useful data about the many PCC Foundation scholarships and how to apply for them. Experts at the workshop also will help students learn about filling out a scholarship application form, writing essays to accompany them, collecting letters of recommendation, and even searching for scholarships.
A few seats are still available for this Friday's trip to the Denver Art MuseumA limited number of seats are available for this Friday’s bus trip to the Denver Art Museum to see the "Modern Masters: 20th Century Icons from the Albright-Knox Art Gallery" exhibit. It features 70+ artwork pieces by more than 40 famous artists. The bus will leave the San Juan parking lot at 8 a.m. Tickets are $20 for students and $30 for faculty, instructors & staff, and it includes transportation and admission into both the museum and the exhibit. Purchase tickets at the Cashier's Office in the Student Center, then bring the receipt to SJ-224 to reserve your spot.
March 15 is priority deadline for students to submit their FAFSA form online Every year many students lose out on additional grant funding because they did not submit their FAFSA before the priority deadline for getting financial award. A FAFSA is required for students who are interested in grants, work-study, and student loans. With the priority deadline March 15 this year, students are urged to submit their FAFSA form as soon as possible. If you need help, contact the Financial Aid office on your campus. Also, you can get assistance at a special FAFSA workshops that will take place from 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 12, at our Downtown Studio, located at 101 N. Main St. in Pueblo.
PCC's students invited to learn about STEM jobs, necessary skills at free Pi Day eventThe Math & Physics Club at CSU-Pueblo invites STEM students at PCC to attend the free Pi Day that will be held at noon Friday, March 14, in Room 203 of the university’s Physics & Math Building. Learn about the job market in STEM fields and what skills are critical for employability, plus hear stories from STEM graduates about their careers. The guets speaker will be Bill Possell, who is Director of Mission Operations & Data Systems at the Laboratory for Atmospheric & Space Physics at CU-Boulder. There will be free pizza, sodas and pie.
Come to Fremont Campus and hear about Dr. Jones' fantastic trip to Galapagos Islands Dr. Carolyn Jones, a mathematics instructor at PCC's Fremont Campus, will share experiences and photos from her trip to the Galapagos Islands in a free armchair travel presentation from 12 to 1 p.m. this Friday, March 14, in the conference room on the Fremont Campus. Those attending the presentation are welcome to bring their lunches.
Conversation Days begin Friday in quest to get input on future PCC strategiesPCC will conduct Conversation Days this month to give everyone an opportunity to provide thoughts about PCC's Strategic Plan. Specifically, based on the accomplishments from July 1, 2012 through Dec. 31, 2013, those attending will be able to provide ideas on what strategies PCC should focus on between now and June 30, 2015 to fulfill its strategic imperatives. You can read the Strategic Plan, its update documents, the Strategic Plan Imperatives, and the PCC Promise Climate Survey on the Welcome tab of the Portal. Here is the schedule of Conversation Days:
• Friday, March 14 - 10-11:30 a.m., Fortino Ballroom on Pueblo Campus and Fremont Campus Room 130
• Tuesday, March 18 - 3-4:30 p.m., Fortino Ballroom, Fremont Room A105 & SCCC-East Conf. Room
• Wednesday, March 19 - 12-1:30 p.m., Fortino Ballroom Fremont Room A105 & SCCC-West Learning Center
Refreshments will be provided and these events are open to students, faculty, instructors, staff and community members. Each will have its own facilitator.
Your input is needed this Friday at Pueblo ASG's forums on student life The Pueblo Campus' Associated Student Government invites everyone to attend 1 of 2 student life forums that are scheduled to take place this Friday, March 14, in Hoag Theatre. The first forum will begin at 8 a.m. and the second at noon. The focus of the sessions is on the issues, challenges and concerns that PCC's student clubs and organizations have been facing.
Notes• Bookstore sale - The PCC Bookstore on the Pueblo campus is conducting a sale on Nike apparel through the month of March. Buy 1 item at the regular price and get the second item 15% off the original price.
• Free pie- The Associated Student Government on our Fremont Campus will be giving away free pieces of yummy pie between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. this Friday, March 14. Mmmmm.
• Scholarship - Any student with Italian heritage can apply for a $1,000 scholarship, and more information and an application form is available at www.osiaroyalgorge2866.com. The application deadline is an April 3 postmark. • Massage clinic - Our Massage Therapy program’s clinic is now underway. You can get a 60-minute massage for $25 or a 90-minute massage for $35. Tuesday sessions can be booked between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. or between 4 and 8 p.m. Call 549-3083. It also sells gift certificates.
• Cosmetology specials - Our Cosmetology students have a number of February specials for clients: A free haircut with a permanent wave, a Buy 1 pedicure and get the 2nd free, and a Buy 1 regular facial and get the 2nd free. To book an appointment, call 549-3160 for the hours and days that the specials are available.
Quote for the Day:
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.”
- Albert Einstein