Facebook Icon Google+ Icon YouTube Icon Twitter Icon
  • Student Loans
  • Student loans are available to help offset educational expenses for the specific academic period. Borrowing through student loans should be your last alternative. You should exhaust all other resources of financial assistance, including scholarships, state grants, and campus student employment before applying for a student loan. Applying for a student loan too early may limit or exclude you from receiving grants/scholarships.
  • Student Loan Repayment Services

    We’ve teamed up with Solutions at ECMC to answer all of your student loan repayment questions. Solutions is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping students manage educational loans and their resources are available to you free of charge. To contact a Solutions Student Loan Repayment Advisor, email, web chat, or call them at 1-877-331-3262.

  • Entrance/Exit Counseling

    If you should fall below 6 credit hours or stop attending - it is your responsibility to do Exit Counseling. Please click on the following link www.StudentLoans.gov which will assist you with your exit interview. You may also contact Nicole Sidders at (719) 549-3051 to schedule an in person exit counseling session if you prefer.

    All new loan borrowers at Pueblo Community College are required to attend an in-person entrance counseling session. Please contact (719) 549-3020 for more information, or visit the Financial Aid forms page for a list of sessions.

  • Direct Loans

    Pueblo Community College is a participant in the Federal Direct Loan Program - in which students borrow their Stafford Loan funds directly from the U.S. Department of Education rather than a lender. The program provides low-interest loans to qualified students in order to help meet their educational expenses. Prior to January 2009, PCC participated in the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). Effective Spring 2009, all Colorado Community Colleges switched to Direct Lending which includes the Stafford Subsidized Loan; the Stafford Unsubsidized Loan; and the Direct Parent Loan for Students. Student loans are a supplement to other federal, state, institutional, and private student financial aid programs, and must be paid back.

    All loan information will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). All information will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system. Students can also access information regarding all Title IV grants and/or loans they have received by visiting NSLDS at www.NSLDS.ed.gov.

    Private Education Loans

    A private education loan is a loan provided by a private lender. A private education loan is not a form of Title IV funding!! Private education loans are expressly for postsecondary education expenses. Private education loans are usually credit based and students may need a co-signer if they decide to apply. Students should complete their FAFSA before applying for a private education loan to see if they are eligible for Title IV funding first. Any aid received, including a private loan, cannot exceed a student’s cost of attendance for the period of enrollment.