Facebook Icon Google+ Icon YouTube Icon Twitter Icon
  • Applying for Financial Aid
  • There are several financial resources available for you if you wish to apply for financial assistance. You should start the process by completing the application for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application is completed online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov and is completed in an interview style that is less intimidating.  It can be confusing knowing which application is for what year.

    •    The 2013-2014 FAFSA covers the Fall 2013, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014 terms.
    •    The 2014-2015 FAFSA covers the Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 terms

    The applications for the academic year beginning in August are available January 2 of that year.  Students and parents are able to sign the FAFSA using a PIN while they are applying. If you forgot your PIN, you may go to the website and they will either email it to you or you can choose to have it display on the computer.

    Apply for FAFSA

    Note: Students who are currently in high school (or currently being homeschooled) are not eligible for Federal or State financial aid funding.
  • Student Information Verfication

    If you are asked to verify your reported information, please submit copies of the following documents that apply to your situation:

    • Verification Form
    • Signed copy of the Federal Tax transcript student's and/or parents'. For academic year 2013-2014, we will need a signed copy of your and/or your parents' 2012 Federal Income Tax transcript. If you don't have a copy, you may request a copy from the IRS at 1-800-908-9946. The best way to verify income is by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool that is part of the FAFSA on the Web. If you have not already used the tool, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov, log in to your FAFSA record, select "Make FAFSA Corrections," and navigate to the Financial Information section of the form. From there, follow the instructions to determine if you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer 2012 IRS income tax information info your FAFSA. It takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for electronic IRS tax return filers, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax return filers.
    • Depending on you and your parent’s situation, additional documentation may be requested.
  • Already Completed a 2013-2014 FAFSA?

    If you have already completed the FAFSA and are transferring into Pueblo Community College, just go back into www.fafsa.ed.gov to add PCC to your college list. PCC's school code is 014829. We will get your information electronically in 4-6 working days. No other documentation is necessary at this time, until the application is processed by the Department of Education. However, it may be necessary for the school to request more information after the results are received. You will be notified by email, so it is imperative to activate and check your student issued email account.