Pueblo Community College, Colorado, in the United States of America, and Yamagata College of Industry and Technology in Japan, in an effort to promote mutual understanding and friendship, and to develop educational and technical interchange, have agreed to the following:
- Exchange of educational materials and information.
- Student exchange for training, technical skills and technology as funds are available.
- Faculty exchange for research and education as funds are available.
- Each specific program based on this agreement shall be discussed in advance and shall be conducted by mutual consent.
- Any problem that might arise in fulfilling this agreement shall be discussed between the two colleges.
- This agreement may be altered or abolished after joint consultation.
- Two original copies of this document in English and Japanese, both equally authentic, shall be validated by the signatories below (Dr. Joe May and Dr. Jiro Shimizu).
- The effective date of this agreement is October 21, 1997.
The signing ceremony was held at 11 a.m. in the Yamagata College of Industry and Technology President Room in the presence of Director General of Commerce, Industry, Labor, and Tourism Department of Prefectural Government, the President of the Society for Education and Research Promotion of Y-CIT, PCC President Dr. Joe May and his wife Jeanne, and many others. Dr. Shimizu, President of Y-CIT, and Dr. May read the Document of Agreement signed it, and exchanged mementos.
During the afternoon, Dr. May gave a lecture on "World Class Education" to students and faculty gathered in the Student Hall of Y-CIT.