Our mission is to foster higher learning, student success, and service to our communities.
Pueblo Community College is a premier teaching institution providing students assured success pathways to relevant and progressive career, transfer, and personal growth opportunities.
We affirm the value of our students, our employees, and the diverse communities we serve. The following values inform and guide our daily work:
- Open access to higher education
- Focus on learning
- Personalized teaching strategies and relationships
- Effective communication
- Appreciation of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Preservation and advancement of our Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) designation
- Inventive thinking
- Digital-age literacy
- Responsible citizenship
- Prepare students for entry into the workforce, career advancement, or career change through certificate and associate degree programs
- Prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate institutions by providing transfer degrees, courses, and services
- Provide opportunities to develop and continually update job skills to meet the demands of a technological and global economy
- Provide programs and experiences that foster individual and professional development
- Prepare students for entry-level college courses
- Provide comprehensive services to support the educational experience of a diverse student population
- Deliver instruction through traditional, alternative, and distance learning methods
- Provide a quality learning environment supported by teaching excellence and freedom of inquiry
- Support the economic development of the community through business initiatives and partnerships
- Contribute to the community by participating in civic and professional activities.