The Back Story
  Student TestimonialPCC began offering courses for Fremont and Custer county residents in 1980 in various locations throughout Canon City. As course offerings and programs expanded, the campus moved to The Abbey grounds in 1987. A group of community leaders began advocating for a “real” college campus, beginning with the transfer of Prison Gardens land from the Department of Corrections to the Colorado Community College System. The land transfer process began in 1991 and was official in 1995 thanks to the hard work and lobbying of local community members. A capital construction plan for the campus was approved by the State in 1991, and a fundraising kick-off breakfast began the historic capital campaign that lead to building of the current campus.  The “Rainmakers,” led by local community leader Darryl Biggerstaff, led a highly acclaimed and reported “unprecedented effort” to raise $1 Million toward the $9 Million construction of the campus building. The new Fremont Campus opened in 2001 and the number of students and programs has grown exponentially since we opened our doors that August.  


			PCC Courtyard

Pueblo Community College . Pueblo, CO 81004-1499 . 719-549-3200 . © 2009 Disclaimer

Future Students | Current Students | Parents & Family | Alumni & Friends | Community & Industry | Faculty & Staff