PCC Facebook PCC Instagram PCC Twitter PCC YouTube
  • Academic Advising
  • Advising Help Banner
  • Academic Advising

    We are here to help!

    To meet with an advisor, log into the MyPCC Portal and click the Navigate icon. Click the APPOINTMENTS icon and follow the prompts. Need assistance? Email us at advising@pueblocc.edu.

    To set up an appointment with an academic advisor, log in to your STUDENT EMAIL account and look for an email with the "Don’t get stuck with leftovers" in the subject line. You can choose the way you want to meet with an advisor! Face-to Face or Virtually (Chat, Video, Email or Phone). We want to make it convenient for you! The sooner the better!

    Mission Statement
    The goal of academic advising at Pueblo Community College is to teach students to understand how programs of study lead to their career aspirations, teach them to maneuver the college environment and make effective decisions that support their academic and career endeavors.
  • The Center for Academic Advising is available to help students create a coursework plan that allows them to succeed. Every new degree or certificate-seeking student should meet with an Academic Advisor frequently to ensure that they have current academic information and are making progress toward their educational goals.

  • New Students

    For students to truly succeed at Pueblo Community College, all new readmitted and undeclared students enrolling in more than six credit hours who have not completed 15 credit hours must meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes. At an academic advising session, students can expect the academic advisor to:

    • Review program and test scores
    • Help students choose first semester classes
    • Assign a faculty advisor for guidance in future semesters
    • Discuss and understand academic goals and how they relate to career interests
    • Refer student to career exploration, clarification, and development, and to academic support services

    The Center for Academic Advising is located in conjunction with the Enrollment Center. Students can come to the Go!Zone, for walk-in advising or call 549-3177 to set up an appointment with an academic advisor.

    Continuing Students

    Continuing students (generally students who have completed 15 or more credits) will have an assigned faculty advisor in the student’s program of study. The faculty advisor is familiar with the requirements of the student's program of study. The Center for Academic Advising will provide the student his or her faculty advisor contact information. Although continuing students should meet with their faculty advisor, the Center for Academic Advising is charged with assisting continuing students when faculty advisors are not available. Advising is an ongoing process and students should consult regularly with their faculty advisor prior to registering for courses.

    Undeclared Students

    An undeclared student is one who has not declared a degree or program of study. Students who are not sure what program of study best suits their goals and ambitions can meet with a career counselor and be advised through the Center for Academic Advising until a program of study is selected.

    Undeclared students are generally not eligible to receive financial aid